Newbigin’s work is divided into decades. If you don’t know the date of a particular work, its title can be found by entering significant words in the magnifying glass search box at the head of the webpage.
The main tabs are as follows:
About: use this tab for an introduction to Lesslie Newbigin’s life and writings, and for further information about the site
Writings: use this tab to access full texts of Newbigin’s writings.
Media: use this tab to access recordings of Newbigin’s lectures, talks or sermons.
Resources: use this tab for full texts of reviews of Newbigin’s books, information about further research, and a Comprehensive Bibliography containing bibliographical information about Newbigin’s works as well as significant engagements with his thought.
After opening an item a toolbar appears at top of the document when the cursor is hovered over the page:
- The up and down arrows navigate to the next or previous screen.
- The page number refers to the ‘screen’ page rather than the original published page numbers of the piece. These are indicated within the texts themselves under the Newbigin.net arrows. When page numbers do not occur the material was unpublished.
- The -/+ buttons increase the size of the text.
- The download arrow opens the pdf in a new browser window, enabling the full item to be downloaded as a pdf file to your computer using your browser’s “save as” function. [Ensure your browser has ‘pop up windows’ enabled as a preference]
- The ‘four way’ arrow button makes the piece full-screen. (In full-screen the navigation toolbar moves to the foot of each screen.)
Full bibliographical information is given at the beginning of each item. The abbreviated forms (e.g., 89mcwc) refer to the entries in the bibliography of Newbigin’s work which can be accessed by navigating to the ‘Resources’ menu and selecting ‘Comprehensive Bibliography’ from the drop-down.